Last Date : 20 August ,2020
TISS Recruitment 2020 : Tata Institute of Social Sciences , Guwahati has released a notification for fill up the following vacancy in Guwahati
Total Post : 3
Post Name: Assistant Professor
Centre wise Vacancy :
1. The Centre for Ecology, Environment and Sustainable Development, School of Social Sciences and Humanities (SSS&H) – One post
2. Centre for Undergraduate Studies (CUGS) – Two posts.
Remuneration: Consolidated salary of Rs. 65,568/- p.m. (Pay Band Rs. 15600 – 39100 ; AGP Rs. 6000/-) in 6th CPC as approved by funder.
Educational Qualification: Eligibility (A or B):
i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in M.A / M.Sc in Environmental Studies / Environmental Management, Geography, Development Studies / Psychology / History and other allied
subjects from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. degree in accordance with the
University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shallbe governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the
Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of ‘Assistant Professor’ subject to the or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions fulfilment of the following
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The Candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
- The Times Higher Education (THE) or
- The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Desirable Qualifications :
Centre for Ecology, Environment and Sustainable Development, School of Social Sciences and Humanities (SSS&H) :-
- Specialization in Human Ecology / Social Ecology/ Urban Ecology / Environmental Impact Assessment / Sustainable Development / Climate Change / Disaster Management and related fields.
- Work experience in the interdisciplinary field of conservation, natural resource management, eco-development, environmental auditing, and impact studies.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals will have an additional advantage.
- Ability to teach inter-disciplinary courses offered across the schools and centres at the Institute.
The Centre for Undergraduates Studies (CUGS)
Assistant Professor – Psychology -: Preference will be given to candidates with-
- Qualification of Ph. D. in relevant field.
- Two and more years of teaching experience.
- Desirable Specialization: Clinical Psychology.
- Ability to teach statistics.
Assistant Professor – History -: Preference will be given to candidates with-
- Qualification of Ph. D. in relevant field.
- Having two and more years of teaching experience.
- The Institute reserves the right to relax qualifications of the candidate based on the work experience and to relax age in the case of persons already holding comparable positions in a University/Research Institution of repute.
- The Institute reserves the right to invite persons for interview who may not have applied for as per the above procedure and not fill up the vacancy advertised.
- Since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for interview.
- The post is unreserved, but candidates belonging to reserved category can apply.
- No queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letter for interview/selection of candidates for the post will be entertained at any stage and canvassing in any form is strictly prohibited and will lead to the candidate being debarred from consideration for the
- The candidate under employment must bring ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer to appear for presentation/interview.
- No TA/DA is payable for appearing for the interview.
- In case of any inadvertent error in the advertisement and in the process of recruitment, which may be detected at any stage, even after issue of appointment order, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the
- The application fee of Rs. 1000/- be paid on-line.
- The application fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates will be Rs.250/- if they attach the required certificate to the onlineapplication form.
- The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee.
- Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
How to Apply :
- The candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply Now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute’s website at www.tiss.edu. The candidates are requested to take a print of the acknowledgement of the online application and
keep it for future reference
- Last date of receipt of online application: August 20, 2020