Last Date : 30th September, 2020
Sports Scholarship Assam 2020 : Director , Sports and Youth Welfare, Assam has released a notification and inviting Applications are invited from the eligible players of Assam for award of Sports Talent Search Scholarship for the year 2020- 21 as per the following terms and conditions.
Period : The Scholarship shall be awarded for 1 (one) year only.
Age : The applicant’s age should be not be more than 19 years on 31st March, 2020 in case of School Students and should not be more than 25 years on 31st March, 2020, in case of College and University Students.
Eligibility Criteria :
- The applicant must be a citizen of India and a resident of Assam.
- The applicants shall apply only in one discipline in which he/ she had achieved highest performance during the financial year from 01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020 in the National and State Level Championship.
- All members of wining and runners-up team and first, second or third position holders in individual events in the State/ national Level Championship are eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of performance in :
- State Level
- The value of the Scholarship shall be Rs. 12,000/- Gold Medal, Rs. 10,000/- Silver Medal and Rs. 8,000/- Bronze Medal per annum.
- Member of Champion/ Runners-up team and those who have won first three position in individual event in the State Championship, Organized by the Directorate of Sports and Youth Welfare Assam, State Sports Associations, Zonal Inter University competitions Organized the respective University State Board shall be eligible for the Scholarship. Sports person intending to avail Scholarships under Sports disciplines having more than one functional organization within State of Assam or India shall not be entertained.
- National Level
- The value of the Scholarship shall be Rs. 20,000/- Gold Medal, Rs. 18,000/- Silver Medal and Rs. 16,000/- Bornze Medal per annum.
- Member of Champion/ runners-up teams and those who have won first three position in individual event in the National Championship, Organized by the School Games in individual event in the National Championship, Organized by the School Games Federation of India, National Sports Federation, Sports Authority of India, Inter Zonal All India Inter University Competitions Organized by All India University Sports Control Board shall be eligible for the Championship.
- State Level
How to Apply Sports Scholarship Assam 2020 :
- Application in full time employment in Govt. Dept./ Undertaking he/ she will not be eligible for the award.
- The Applicants are to collect application form from the office of the Districts Sports Officers on or before 10th September, 2020.
- The last date of submission of forms in their respective districts Sports Offices in 30th September, 2020.
- No Application will be issued and received directly by the Directorate of Sports & Youth Welfare, Assam and only may contact this number any quarries : 8638404612/ 8638110884.
Sports Scholarship Assam 2020