Last Date: 11/12/2020
North East Postal Circle Recruitment 2020 : India Post has released a notification for the recruitment of 948 Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) vacancy under North East Postal Circle.
Name of posts:
1. Branch Post Master (BPM)
2. Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM)
3. Dak Sevak
No of posts:
Community wise vacancy details:
- EWS: 92
- OBC: 35
- PWD-A: 2
- PWD-B: 4
- PWD-C: 5
- PWD-DE: 1
- SC: 100
- ST: 349
- UR: 360
Educational Qualification for North East Postal Circle Recruitment 2020 :
(i) Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics, local language and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks.(Referred to in Directorate Order No 17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018).
(ii) Compulsory knowledge of Local Language: The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of Constitution of India. List of Official languages of the state are given in the advertisement.
Age Limit for North East Postal Circle Recruitment 2020 :
The minimum and maximum of age for the purpose of engagement to GDS posts shall be 18 and 40 years respectively as on 12.11.2020 the date of notification of the vacancies. Permissible relaxation in Upper age limit for different categories is as under:-
a) Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST): 5 years
b) Other Backward Classes (OBC): 3 years
c) Economically Weaker Sections (EWS): No relaxation
d) Persons with Disabilities (PwD): 10 years
e) Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC: 13 years
f) Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST: 15 years
Application Fee for North East Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2020 :
- Applicant belonging to the category UR/OBC/EWS Male/trans-man have to pay a fee of Rs.100/-(Rupees one hundred only) for each set of five options.
- Payment of fee is exempted for all female/trans-woman candidates, all SC/ST candidates and all PwD candidates.
- Candidate who requires to make the payment has to visit any Head Post Office or other identified Post Offices in India. Names of the offices are available in the website http://appost.in/gdsonline.
- The applicant can also pay the fee through online mode of payment using the URL provided in the Home page. All recognized Credit/Debit cards and Net Banking facility can be availed for this purpose. Charges applicable for usage of Debit/Credit cards and net banking as per the rules from time to time will be levied to the candidates.
How to Apply Online for North East Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2020 :
* Only online application will be accepted from the candidate. Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself / herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or https://appost.in/gdsonline with effect from 12.11.2020 to 11.12.2020 with the following basic details to obtain the Registration Number:-
i) Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
ii) Father Name
iii) Mobile Number (Unique for one Registration number)
iv) Date of Birth
vii) PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
viii) State in which Xth class passed
ix) Board in which Xth class passed
x) Year of Passing Xth class
xi) Xth Class Certificate Number / Roll Number (optional)
xii) Transgender certificate issued by District Magistrate as per THE TRANSGENDER PERSONS (PROTECTION OF RIGHTS) ACT,2019.
* Only one Registration is allowed for one candidate. The same registration number should be used for submission of applications during the cycle to any of the circles. Mobile number mapping is mandatory for Registration. Once Registered the same mobile number will not be allowed for further Registrations of any other candidates also.
* In case of any duplicate Registration is found by altering the basic details all the candidatures relating to all such Registrations will be removed for consideration of selection. Any candidate who forgot the registration number can retrieve the registration number through option ‘Forgot registration’.
Important Dates for North East Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2020 :
- Registration & Fee Submission Start Date: 12/11/2020
- Registration & Fee Submission End Date: 11/12/2020
- Application online Submission Start Date: 12/11/2020
- Application online Submission End Date: 11/12/2020
Advertisement Details: Click Here .
Apply Online: Click Here .