Last Date : 31 Oct 2020
NMMS 2020 : National Means Cum Merit Scholarship , a centrally sponsored scholarship ,under which 100,000 scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum from all sources. Each State /UT have fixed quota of scholarship as given at Annexure of concerned age group of class VII and VIII. The scheme would provide reservation to different categories of students as per the State/UT norms; as different States/UTs have their own norms of reservation.
Benefit : The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 12000/- per annum @ Rs. 1000 per month
Eligibility : These scholarships will be provided on yearly basis to the students studying as regular students in class IX in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools which will be renewed for classes X, XI and XII. Thus the scholarships will be for a maximum period of four years.
- The awardees should get clear promotion from class VIII to Class IX for being eligible for starting the scholarship.
- The scholarship at the secondary and higher secondary stage or equivalent classes IX to XII is payable for a maximum period of four years for studies in India only
- parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum from all sources.
- No scholarship shall be available for studies abroad for any course
- The awardees should get minimum of 55% marks in Class IX and XI and 60% in Class X for continuance of scholarship (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates) in next higher classes
- A student can avail only one Scholarship under any scheme.
- For continuing the scholarship in class X and XII, the awardees should get clear promotion from class IX to class X and from class XI to class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST students)
Selection Procedure for NMMS 2020:
Each State/UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The State Level Examination may consist of the following two tests:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- The students shall have minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (relax able by 5% for SC/ST students). The students should be studying as regular student in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
- Mental Ability Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figure etc. 2.4 Scholastic Aptitude Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
- Duration of the Test Each test will be of 90 minutes duration. Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
How to Apply NMMS 2020 :
Click the Apply Online link below