DHE Assam Scholarship 2020 :Online Applications (www.directorateofhighereducation.assam.gov.in)are invited from the intending domicile girls students of Assam belonging to Minority Community, who fulfills the following general criteria for the above mentioned scholarship schemes.
QUANTUM OF SCHOLARSHIP:
For UG level course @ Rs. 6,000/- p.a
For PG level course @ Rs. 10,000/- p.a
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
1) The Girl students belonging to minority community must be a domicile of Assam, who has secured not less than 50% marks in the previous qualifying examination i.e H.S or
2) Permanent Residence Certificate issued from D.C./S.D.O. (Civil) is MANDATORY. P.R.C issued by others will not be accepted.
3) The Girl students must belong to a notified minority community i.e Muslims/Sikhs/Christians/ Buddhists/Jains and Parsis.
4) The annual income of their parents/ guardians from all sources should not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakh only. Income Certificate issued by Circle Officer of the State Governments is required
in respect of parent(s)/guardian(s) of the student MANDATORY. Income Certificate issued by others will not be accepted.
5) A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student.
6) The scholarship shall be awarded to regular students studying in Govt./Provincialised colleges and all Central & State Universities at Graduate and Post-Graduate Levels.
7) The students must have a valid Bank Account in their name in a Nationalized Bank. (Preferably SBI)
8) The Scholarship amount will be credited in the selected bank account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
9) Selection will be made strictly on the basis of budgetary provision for the year 2020-21.
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP AND ITS RENEWAL:
– The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the same course and same Institute on the production of recommendation certificate from the appropriate
academic authorities that the student has successfully cleared all the papers and secured minimum 50% marks in the previous year’s examination and attendance of the students at
– If a student violates Institute discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
– If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, her scholarship shall be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered by the State
HOW TO APPLY FOR DHE Assam Scholarship 2020:
Intending girl students fulfilling the above mentioned criteria must apply online at www.directorateofhighereducation.assam.gov.in in between 13th October to 3rd November 2020 and take printout after online final submission and submit it to the Registrar/ Principal/ Head of the Institute along with the necessary copies of certificates/testimonials. The Registrar/Principal Head of the Institutions will compile, verify the application form and other relevant documents as per guidelines and instructions. After compilation and scrutiny of all applications by the selection committee constituted at the College or the University level as per the guidelines, the valid online application form alongwith all relevant certificates/testimonials shall be submitted along with approved list to the O/o Directorate of Higher Education, Assam,Kahilipara, Guwahati – 781 019 under their seal and signature on or before 10th November,2020 positively.
LIST OF THE DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED (SCANNED)
1) PRC from DC/ S.D.O. as Proof of Domicile of State of Assam mandatory, no other certificate will be accepted.
2) Income Certificate issued by Circle Officer of the State Governments is required in respect of parent(s)/guardian(s) of the student, no other certificate will be accepted.
3) Certificate from the Registrar/Head of the Institution in which the candidate is at present studying.
4) Final mark sheet of last qualifying examinations (i.e. H.S./T.D.C.).
5) Photograph and Signature of the candidate.
APPLICATIONS IN ANY FORM (SOFT COPY/ HARD COPY) WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED AFTER STIPULATED DATE ABOVE.
For more details and the list of the selected beneficiaries will be notified in the Official Website of Office of the Director of Higher Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati-19