Last Date : 30 June, 2020
Applications are invited from the retired journalists who worked in Assam for awarding Pension under the “Assam Pension Scheme for Journalists” for the year 2020-21.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
1. He/She has attained 60 (sixty) years of age and has retired from the job of a journalist/photo journalist/ correspondent/ camera person (news).
2. He/She must be domicile of Assam and must have served as a journalist in Assam for not less than 20 years preceding his/her date of retirement.
3. He/She must be a journalist as defined under Working Journalist Act. Preference will be given to those who were issued Recognition/ Accreditation Card issued by the Directorate of Information and Public Relations, Govt. of Assam.
4. He/She must not be drawing any pension from any other source except under the Employees Provident Fund.
5. The Proprietor, Proprietor-cum-Editor, Manager-cum-Editor and those whose nature of job is not related to working journalist will not be eligible for the scheme.
6. The Government Servant shall not eligible for Journalist Pension. One person shall not get more than one pension out of Pensions for Journalist/Literature/ Sports persons.
How to apply:
Intending candidates will have to submit their application duly filled up in the Prescribed Form (two sets of hard copy) along with all related papers/documents.
- LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION IS 30.6.2020.
- APPLICATION FORMS TO BE SUBMITTED TO THE O/o THE DIRECTORATE OF INFORMATION AND PUBLIC RELATIONS, ASSAM, DISPUR, GUWAHATI-06.
- NO APPLICATION WILL BE ENTERTAINED AFTER EXPIRY OF THE LAST DATE.
- APPLICATION FORMAT CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THE LINK BELOW